Denim 101 for moms-to-beFashion
So, you love jeans and now you are pregnant
If you’re the kind of woman who lives in her jeans, there’s no need for you to give them up just because you’re pregnant. A well-fitting pair of maternity jeans will be an invaluable addition to your wardrobe.
Maternity jeans are one of the first garments you will need when you get pregnant. With a growing belly you will quickly feel less comfortable in your regular jeans, but not to worry Thyme Maternity offers a wide range of maternity jeans with maternity features for your changing body.
Every belly fit is designed by our team of experts to offer ultimate comfort at every stage of pregnancy. Our stretchy fabric will enhance and flatter your changing body throughout your entire pregnancy.
How to style denim looks during pregnancy
What is great about jeans is that you can dress them down or you can dress them up. Once you have an awesome pair of jeans the possibilities are endless.
A trendy way to wear jeans is with heels. You can roll them up to the ankle for a chic style that works great with a pair of heels or even a pair of flats. Or just leave them as is for a more sophisticated look.
Another great look is denim-on-denim or as we call is here in Canada – the Canadian tuxedo. A pair of skinny jeans with a nice denim shirt is a year-round look you can wear. Add a pop of colour such as a cardigan or a blazer and you are good to go.
You can never go wrong with a pair of black jeans which are suited for all occasions. They are easy to dress up or dress down and just perfect for a 9 to 5 transition from office to dinner with your special someone.
To shop for your maternity jeans keep in mind the following:
- Fitting can vary from style to style, so try before you buy. Our sales associates at our stores have the knowledge to help you find the perfect pair of jeans.
- At Thyme Maternity you don’t have to sacrifice style over comfort. We have plenty of styles to choose from, not just leg styles (bootleg, super, super skinny) but also the way the style sits over or under your belly.
- Some belly panels may fit better at different stages of your pregnancy. Think about getting two styles so you’ll have at least one pair that is comfortable and stays up when your belly is at its biggest.
What features you should look for when buying maternity jeans
Below are some of the terms you may come across when looking for your pair of Thyme Maternity jeans:
- Original 3 in 1: This fit has a stretchy and smooth cotton spandex jersey panel that hugs and supports the belly. It has been sown to the top of the waistband and it gives the look of a real jean but it has all the comfort of a maternity pant. This belly fit is ideal for all body types through all trimesters.
- Low-rise 3 in 1: The stretchy and smooth cotton spandex jersey panel is sown directly to the jeans for added stretch ability and a lower rise. This type of fit hugs and supports the belly making it ideal for all body types but especially for a low belly and for those who prefer a low-rise fitting jean.
- Ultra lite: This single layer of nylon spandex jersey makes the belly panel feel like a second skin. This belly fit is ideal for all body types and through your entire pregnancy. If you tend to have more sensitive skin you will love this belly panel.
- Adjustable ultra lite: This single layer nylon spandex jersey panel is sown inside a regular jean waistband to give you the look of a non-maternity jean. This type of model has an adjustable interior elastic and fits all body types. It can also be worn through your entire pregnancy.
Take a look at our denim bar HERE and find YOUR perfect pair of jeans for that stylish maternity look you’ve always wanted.