Salmon and Veggies en PapilloteWellness
A nutritious, delicious (and easy to make!) recipe with a hint of Asian flavours.
Feel free to add your favourite veggies: Bok Choy, peppers, etc.
Hungry and time-pressed? Try the express option: Instead of preparing the vegetables separately, you can simply place them on top of the salmon fillet and bake together in the papillote!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 to 15 minutes
2 salmon fillets
5 tbsp (75 ml) ponzu sauce
2 tsp (10 ml) sesame oil
4 thin slices ginger
1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
1 cup (250 ml) carrots and leeks, julienned
1 cup (250 ml) baby spinach, chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) white and black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F or barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix 4 tbsp (60 ml) of the Ponzu sauce with 1 tsp (5 ml) of the sesame oil.
- Place each salmon fillet on a sheet of parchment paper and brush with the Ponzu sauce and sesame oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 2 slices of ginger on each fillet.
- Close the parchment paper to form a pocket and bake at 350°F or on the BBQ for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter with the remaining 1 tsp (5 ml) of sesame oil in a skillet. Sauté the chopped carrots and leeks for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the spinach and the remaining 1 tsbp (15 ml) of Ponzu sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix the vegetables. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the packets (watch out for steam). Cover the salmon with vegetables and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Try the express option: Instead of preparing the vegetables separately, you can simply place them on top of the salmon fillet and bake together in the papillote!